Monday, August 18, 2008

Fish Out of Water

Alright, my last post was a big failure. I'll admit it. Which is why my new post is called fish out of water. Fish swim. There is a reason why they don't have feet. Here's my reasoning: if fish had feet, they'd also be able to breathe above water. But, since they don't, they sort of roll around and flip over.

Flopping.

See the connection?
I'm most likely using the term wrong, so forgive me.

Picture of the Day:

Magazine: Wallpaper
Issue: May 2004
Title: Hoe Couture
Model: Jeppe Zeller
Photographer: James Waddell

I love this picture. It's so bright and colorful. A lot of editorials these days focus on creepy colors and using strange shadows to highlight a sense of mystery. It is rather refreshing to see an editorial that is lively, but one that is also called "Hoe Couture."

You might see a hoe in this picture (is that how you really spell hoe?) and I see one too. I just think that it's so incredible how the stylist and photographer and everyone managed to make a hoe look just a bit innocent.

6 comments:

No One said...

hmm I really like that picture too. Something about the colors I think. I love bright colors. lol.

Ella Gregory said...

I love those pink tights. I think it is time to get me some!

Katia said...

I like the brightness of this picture too.
Hoe, hmm. Well when I look at the picture I don't think hoe, but I do see the way the fashion world would "portrait" it.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Ha-ha, yes "hoe" is spelled that way! Love the pic. Very funny post.

Mary said...

"I just think that it's so incredible how the stylist and photographer and everyone managed to make a hoe look just a bit innocent."
HAHA
I love you!

Wendy said...

I don't mind you linking me at all. And the photo is a good one because the models' expressions are not muted.