Friday, September 5, 2008

Sick :[ (a scarf post)

Ah, I'm sick. I've been sick. In fact, I've been sick for about a week now.

The things I do for fashion's sake: wearing sandals and shorts on a day when it's raining and about 50 degrees. I'm not sure if that counts as crazy, but I was pretty cold... it doesn't help that I sit right next to the air conditioner in a freezing room in one of my classes...

Alright, enough of my complaining. So I haven't been wearing anything nice lately, mostly some variation of a t-shirt, jeans, and a hoodie or cardigan.

So, the last post, I talked about a girl in my art class who always wore a scarf. In fact, the technical term for what she wears is a "keffiyeh." I didn't know that until a few days ago. I always knew that many in the middle-east wore those scarves, but I just didn't know what they were called. But, I don't wear keffiyehs... I don't really have a reason, I just don't. I don't really know the reason behind why people wear it so I don't want to wear it wrong.

But, there are always different scarves to wear to stay warm and to look very adorable. For example:



I absolutely love the color of the scarf and the contrast it creates compared to the rest of the outfit. Ah...

(picture courtesy of www.rachel-b.org)

8 comments:

Ida said...

Bilson is the Queen of scarves. She just knows how to make them always look stylish and chic, even on a hot summer day.

Get better soon!

xxx

Mary said...

I love scarves worn around the neck, it's very chic, but the keffiyeh trend does miff me a tad.

The reasoning behind it is it's a scarf worn to symbolize solidarity with the people of Palestine in the Israeli Palestinian conflict. Wearing it wrong makes a mockery of the Palestinians but it can also make Israelis feel defensive and uncomfortable. It's a tricky thing!

Just thought I'd let you know, haha.

Mary said...

PS: Get well! I'm just getting over my cold.

Lauren said...

r bils is just too cool for school!

Anonymous said...

i always like whatever she wears. get well soon!

Ana said...

Feel better!

BTW I do not use a tripod but I think I should order one soon because I'm always perching my camera on precarious ledges.

nv said...

rachel bilson is just...amazing

yiqin; said...

I just can't find a way to wear my scarves properly! I loved how Rachel wore hers..